Position : Engagement Lead – Procurement & Supply Chain Intelligence
Location : Mumbai / Gurgaon
An Engagement Lead is responsible for all activities related to sourcing/procurement assignments. The assignments will include conducting Market Intelligence (MI) study, BCCS study, building cost models, price forecasting etc. The role will involve extensive secondary and primary research with respect to supply-demand, price, cost, supplier analysis, risk analysis etc. for the given spend category and analyze the data to derive actionable solutions for the category managers.
- Understanding assignment scope, conduct desktop & primary research on the relevant industry to understand its dynamics.
- Develop “solution design” for the sourcing assignments, in collaboration with the team
- Working closely with the client in developing actionable sourcing strategies for spend category
- Using frameworks such as Porter’s five forces, SWOT, PESTLE, etc. to understand industry dynamics and competitor landscape
- Ensuring that the projects are delivered at top-notch quality and client’s requirement are met without compromising on quality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to interact with external clients and internal senior managerial teams
- Operational responsibility will include grooming talent, managing and growing teams, developing internal methodologies and ongoing process improvement, ensuring high scores on customer satisfaction surveys.
- To write and publish thought leadership activities such as articles, whitepapers, proactive advisories etc. in reputed magazines & journals
- 5 to7 or more years of relevant experience
- Sound knowledge on procurement jargons & terms
- Knowledge of utilizing databases such as Thompson Reuters, Bloomberg, Factiva, etc. will be an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office - Excel, Power point and Word